Monday 1 February 2010

Did you know about the other Triumphs?

The other day I discovered one of those things one think couldn't have left behind in one's life. I don't know how many of you guys knew there was a second Triumph originally from the first one that we all know and that is widely treated in this blog.
Siegfried Bettman known as Triumph founder made his first factory in Coventry, UK, and the rest of the story is more or less known by most of us. However, he also made a second factory in Nuremberg, Germany. Both companies started making bicycles at the beginning and it wasn't until 1902 that Triumph made it first motorbike. A year later, the year of the creation of Harley Davidson, Triumph created it first motorbike in the Nuremberg's factory. Due to legal reasons, both factories were seen as different and subsequently couldn't have the same name so the opted for TWN (Triumph Werke Nürnberg) and the moped on the top of this is an example of those bikes.
Here's the Boss TWM. Isn't it similar to a T100? to a Bonneville? I think it's beautiful and it should be a great bike for that time. If you want to know more about them you can see this link as we all trust wikipedia. If you don't just google these bikes or look for something else. I will continue to inform myself in the future about these new known bike for me.

Remember that if you want to share your pics or comments or just want to say how stupid I am for not knowing these bikes just drop some info in my e-mail!



No comments:

Post a Comment