Friday 29 January 2010

Motorcycle History

It's amazing how motorcycle maniacs sometimes ignore the old taste of a bike. We might like classic type bikes but we certainly ignore the basement of all that. The creation of the bike as we know it today is still uncertain but we know there are several evidences of when it started and by whom. However, I have heard that more than one has been considered to that honour. It doesn't correspond to me to decide that, I'm a humble man and I just feel grateful for the motorcycle history which I find a total revolution like trains, cars, planes and all those smoky devices. Motorcycle, from my point of view, are more related to horses than to bicycles, but who am I to judge anything?

I can't imagine the World War II without motorcycles and I think by that time -nothing that comes to now- war between motorcycle companies; Indians, BMWs, Harley Davidsons, Triumphs, Nortons and everyone trying to sell bikes to the armies in battle. Riders fighting on motorcycles in a more agile way that other vehicles.


Many of the bikes of that time started being motor bicycles and adding an engine to that known structure was someting; redisigning the whole machine into a more efficient and poweful iron was another aim of a much higher difficulty but impossible to be made unlees the previous stage. But all of them looked enourmously beautiful to me so I imagine those first engineers like artists in the biggest sense of the word. If you don't believe me just to at this 1923 BMW R32.

Since then, motorcycle world has never stopped its particular evolution and has come with better machines. To me, some of them still have the same old spirit, others have all the techonology, and only a few of them have everything. In gals and bikes we are also going to show this old spirity of motorcycling, so important for me that I write these things, and for you I guess, who reads them.

No comments:

Post a Comment