Monday 8 November 2010

Is there a heaven for motorbikes?

I had an interesting conversation with someone the other night about bikes, of course. It happens that he is a chopper builder, a quite known one in Spain, who is, as all of us, strugglin with the fucking situation we now live in this crazy world. He told me he was selling his best creation as a way to go forward working. I was amazed as that sculpture could be sold, but we can sell or buy anything in this fucking life.
So the conversation went on and he also told me that is an usual process, you build a bike, you take it to the bike shows you can, you win some prizes or you just fuck up and then you go back home, you sell the bike and you start a new project. If bikes are not sold then they're unmade to use frames, brakes, engine and whatever shit you can recycle from it.
But that makes me think of how I love my own bike. I know my bike is a shit but it has given me unforgetable rides all around the country and I'm grateful for that. I couldn't think of selling my bike unless -as the ONLY possibility- it depends on the change for a new one. If I'm getting a brand new bike -no matter is a mass produced one or a built up chopper- and a need my bike as part of the deal to fulfil with payment, then I would sell it. However, I've always thought of making a tiny bobber with it when I get a new machine.
For me, the coolest bike ever designed would be nothing unless ridden by a motherfucker that pushes hard, or slow, that goes far or near but... who enjoys riding as a way of life. The rest of bikes are crap, but is there a heaven for motorbikes? where do the good machines go? do they worth anything? I guess an old and rotten bike is just debris unless you give a soul to it. It's not your ride, it's all about the rider.
Sometimes money talks and the most expensive becomes easily the best. I've ridden near brand new harley, triumphs, yamahas and hundreds of rides more expensive than mine and they all mean nothing to me. I don't care if someone can afford a 24 grand fat boy and I can't; world is full of motherfuckers and the reality is that no matter where you are or where you're looking at, most of them are not easily recognised, an many others seem to be the coolest guys ever but they're not.

There is a heaven for motorbike guys, it's under your balls while you ride any road, any weather, any bike and any part of this fucking world. Discover it your way.


No comments:

Post a Comment