Friday 23 July 2010

I got the money and I got the bike but I'm a nerd...

Nothing more frustrating than wanting and not getting. Motorbikes are expensive and so not everyone can afford one, and even less to afford "the one". People survive with decent machines they can afford and try to get the maximum from them and we all hope to get a better thing in the future and that's why we are sometimes insulted by rich motherfuckers.

I met a guy the other day who knew I was a biker and went right straight to talk to me about motorcycles. Late fiftys, the latest Harley Davidson boots, jacket and shirt on -I presume more than my sallary on those clothes- and a great smile.

"Hey! I've heard you want a harley, don't you?" -He shouted to continue then: "I got one, it's a Dyna and I've owned it for eleven years."

I must say the guy sounded great and I thought he was a real badass harley rider even though he came there driving an ugly van. So I started talking about travels... "No I have never travelled... but it's a harley" then we went on talking about bike events... "No, but I have a harley" and the last point we discussed was kilometres done. "4,000 kilometres, it's brand new... I have a harley"

You've done 4 fucking thousand kilometres to a harley in eleven fucking years and you call yourself a biker? I just told him I normally do about 15,000 a year and that bikes are for riding. The conversation ended there... but you know what they say:

God gives teeth to that one who can't chew!

No comments:

Post a Comment